Read below to learn how to change the look of your brand portal homepage, including adding and editing elements.
- Log in to Webdam and click Brands in the top navigation.
- Click the brand you want to configure.
- In the top navigation, click Appearance and select Homepage.
Now you’re ready to configure. The elements are on the left – here’s what they do:
- Carousel: Drag and drop the element to add image assets with titles and descriptions. When you add multiple assets, it acts as an image slider. (Check out some carousel image tips below.)
When users click images displayed in a carousel on your homepage, they can either be taken to the asset details page for the clicked image (default behavior) or to the folder where that image is located. To set the destination, select your desired Link images to option.
- Folder: Drag and drop the element to display a folder on the homepage. Note that a folder must contain at least one image in order for it to display on the homepage. The assets contained in this folder will be visible to ALL users that can view your Brand Connect portal, but only users with permissions can download them.
- Drag the to the homepage.
- Select the asset folder you’d like to add. Click Continue.
- On the Select Folder Cover Images page, choose up to four images to display on the cover. Click Insert.
- To reposition or zoom in/out on an image within the current frame, click . Click to save changes or to exit without saving changes.
Note: use the slider along the bottom edge of the image to zoom in or out.
- To move an image to a different frame, click and drag the image to the desired frame.
- To edit the display name of the folder, select the text displayed in the top of the image editor and enter the desired name. By default, the folder name is set as the display name.
- When you’ve completed all your adjustments, click Preview to preview your changes or Publish to push your changes live.
- Lightbox: Drag and drop the element to display one of your existing lightboxes on the homepage. The assets contained in this lightbox will be visible to ALL users that can view your Brand Connect portal, but only users with permissions can download them.
For Early Access customers, you can also choose the images that display on the cover of the lightbox.
- Drag the to the homepage.
- Select the lightbox you’d like to add. Click Continue.
- To select images and make adjustments, follow the instructions above in the Folder section.
- Brand Guidelines: Drag and drop the element to display your brand guidelines on the homepage.
- Description: Drag and drop the element to display text on the homepage.
- Filled Description: Drag and drop the element to display text on a copy block on the homepage.
- HTML: Drag and drop the element to insert HTML and CSS (for instance: embed a YouTube link) on the homepage.
- Search: You can also use the HTML element to add a search box on the homepage. After dragging the HTML element onto the homepage, copy and paste the following into the element: <webdambp.headersearch></webdambp.headersearch>
Click Preview in the top bar, then click Back to go back to the editing screen.
When you’re ready to publish, click Publish. When you’re finished, click Exit.
- Resize: Click the icon to change the size of the element.
- Move: Click and drag the icon to change the order of the element.
- Edit: Click the icon to add or replace the assets in image, folder or lightbox element.
- Delete: Click the icon to delete the element.
- For optimal display, make your carousel images 1,265x435 pixels.
- If you want to add text over an image, add images o the carousel with the subject or focal point a little left or right of center.
- The center of an image is the main focus, and resizing the carousel or viewing the homepage on a phone or tablet will crop the image around the center.
- You may need to edit your images to fit these requirements.
For the carousel the images are showing up pixelated even though they are high resolution images. I've had to end up reducing the element size just to make it look decent. Any reason why this is happening? It would also be helpful if they was a way to size the photo within the carousel no matter what size you have the element box resized to.
@Marita - Thank you for reaching out about this. If you have not yet done so, can you please reach out directly to the support team about the issue you are experiencing? Thank you!
I am having the same issue with images pixelating and I have resized them to the suggested 1265x435 pixels size. What DPI do you suggest? Can you confirm the number of images the carousel will hold? Are their size maximums to how large an image can be? We're trying to rotate between 8-10 images - system is maxing out at 6 and the last page is appearing with a grey screen. I have put in a support ticket as well
Hi Dana - Thank you for reaching out. The support team will be able to assist with this.
Can you update this section so it includes steps to publish a single image to a folder rather than a grid since the automated cropping of images doesn't look great.
Does anyone have an answer for Dana's question above? I have the same question.
The best DPI and size requirements for the image would be a 6x4 ratio with 300 DPI.
The maximum number of assets users may list in the carousel is 6.
Is it possible to download ALL assets at once from a lightbox or do they need to be downloaded individually?
There's a couple ways to download an entire lightbox at once. You can select all the assets and then download them directly as a group, but if there's a lot of assets it might be easiest to get them by sending a download link to your email.
How do I change the font color on text added to carousel? It's defaulting to white, which is probably the worst default color
When you click edit on the carousel, you'll notice a small panel appear in the upper left that will let you select any color you wish. You can select freely, or use a hex color.
Is it possible to change the background color (or empty space) around images selected for folder elements, instead of the default grey? Thanks.
By default, that empty space will inherit a shade of your header color (set in the Brand Connect Header section), but it is possible to override it with some creative CSS inserted in the footer. Just about any element in the Brand Portal can be overwritten by inserting a line with the associated div class and adding "!important" in the footer. Reach out to us if you need some help in your specific case.