No more broken design links! When you use the Webdam Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud, all of the files linked to your design are available to anyone with Webdam. (Access depends on having permission to the folder(s) containing the assets.) This also reduces file size because there is no need to embed images.
This article reviews the following topics:
- Log in to the Connector
- Use the Connector
- Additional information on using the Webdam Connector in InDesign
For an overview of the Connector and installation instructions, refer to How to Install the Webdam Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Note: Webdam Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud is an add-on feature. If you would like to add this to your Webdam subscription, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Open InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Create a new file or open an existing one.
- Click Window on the top navigation.
- From the Extensions section, choose Webdam CC Connector.
- If you are not prompted to log in, click the icon in the upper-right of the Connector panel and select Authorize.
- Enter your Webdam credentials and click Login.
- Click Yes to grant access to your account.
- Browse: Double-click the folders in the Connector.
- View the folder tree by clicking the folder name on the Connector header. To go back a level, click Home or a parent folder. You can also click the icon to go back to the previous folder.
- Search: Click the icon, enter a search term and click Search.
- Set the toggle to green to refine your search to supported files.
- Preview: Double-click an asset in the Connector to see a larger preview.
- Add: From the thumbnail view, drag and drop assets into the document from the Connector.
- Upload document to Webdam:
- Save the document to your computer.
- In the Connector, navigate to the folder where you would like to upload the document.
- Click the icon on the top-right of the Connector panel and select Upload Document.
- Now your file and any locally linked assets (InDesign only, see below for more information) will be saved in Webdam for you or other team members to access. There’s no need to package the file, because all of your links will pull linked files directly from Webdam.
The Webdam Connector lets you drag and drop images from Webdam into InDesign to create direct, URL-based links.
In addition to the above functionality, you may also do the following:
- Update resolution: Double-click the icon in the links panel to toggle between-low res and high-res assets. You can update all links at once by holding down Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) as you double-click the icon.
- Updating version: If a new version of an asset has been added in Webdam, you’ll see a icon in the Links panel. Double-click it to update to the latest version. (Read more about Version Control.)
- Moving assets in Webdam: There will be no impact on the links if an asset used in the InDesign document is moved in Webdam.
If you need to distribute an InDesign to someone who does not have Webdam, you can use the InDesign Package command with the option to include copies of the assets from Webdam in the output file.