You can add or update metadata to your assets in bulk using our metadata mapping service, where we map your desired metadata to the assets you have stored in Webdam.
Metadata mapping is included as part of Webdam Standard Onboarding and also available as an add-on service. Please contact your implementation consultant (IC) or customer success manager (CSM) for more information.
Metadata Mapping Process:
- Request a metadata export from your IC or CSM – it will include a list of all your assets and associated metadata in a .csv file.
- Open the file and make the necessary edits.
- Metadata field names are listed at the top of each column. The values for fields in Title Case cannot be changed, as they are system specific. Fields in CAPS can have their values edited, as they are based on the IPTC/XMP metadata standard.
For example, the values under the metadata field “CUSTOMFIELD1” can be edited; however “Filename” and “Path” cannot.
To change the name of a metadata field, insert a new row at the top of the sheet and enter the new name in the cell above the field name you’d like to replace. For example, you might want to capture brand information as a metadata field. To do so, you can rename “CUSTOMFIELD1” by inserting a new row at the top of the spreadsheet and writing “Brand Name” above “CUSTOMFIELD1.”
- Add/update metadata in the cells under the metadata field names.
For example, a group of assets are from the Superfly brand, and you want that information reflected in the assets’ metadata. Using the example above, under the “Brand Name/CUSTOMFIELD1” metadata field on the spreadsheet, include “Superfly” for each appropriate asset.
- Once your edits are complete, send the file back to your IC or CSM to map into your DAM. We’ll provide you with an ETA for completion.
- We’ll provide success/failure logs and an email confirmation once the process is complete.