You can add users to Webdam in bulk (>50 users) through a user import.
A user import is included as part of the Webdam Standard Onboarding and also available as an add-on service. Please contact your implementation consultant (IC) or customer success manager (CSM) for more information.
User Import Specifications:
- Create groups in your DAM. (Learn more about creating groups.)
- Complete the user import spreadsheet (User Import Spreadsheet_Example.xlsx) with the following:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Company URL
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Zip/Postal Code
Please note: Group roles will define the user role. For example, if a group role is Contributor, then the user will be imported to Webdam with a Contributor role type.
- Advise your IC or CSM on whether you’d like your users to be imported as active or inactive.
- Active: Users will be able to log in and browse the DAM right away.
- Inactive: Users will not be able to log in until an admin activates them. Upon activation, the admin can choose whether an email is sent to the user. Unless a generic password is created (please see below), the user will need to click Forgot my password on the login page to create a password.
- If you’d like your users to be active upon import, please advise your IC or CSM on whether you’d like your users to be notified via email.
- Initial email: Upon import, users will receive an email welcoming them to the DAM with a link to set their own password.
- No email: You will need to notify your users how to log in. If no email is sent upon import, the user will need to click Forgot my password on the login page to create a password, unless a generic password is created (please see below).
- Advise your IC or CSM on whether you’d like your users to set their own passwords.
- Set own passwords: If active users are imported with an initial email sent, they’ll be prompted to create a password. If an email is not sent, or if the users are imported as inactive, you’ll need to inform them that they must click Forgot my password on the login page to create a password.
- Generic password: All users will receive a generic password of your choosing and may change the password after logging in.