The Webdam mobile app extends the most essential functions of Webdam and Workstream to your phone or tablet. Admins and contributors can easily upload, download and distribute assets from wherever you are. It’s perfect for keeping projects moving while on-the-go.
Note: The Webdam app does not currently support brand portals, brand portal users should continue to use the desktop or mobile website as their primary point of access.
The app is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 5s and later, iOS 11.1 and up
You can download the mobile app for free from the Apple App Store
This article covers the essentials of using the Webdam app, including how to:
- Log in
- Access your library
- Switch views
- Sort folders or assets
- Search assets
- Use the asset details page
Download the app and open it to view the login screen.
- Enter your Webdam username and password, then tap Login.
- Some Enterprise customers may be asked to do an Enterprise Sign-in.
Note: Your username can be found by logging in to Webdam on your computer, click your name and select Profile.
If you use the same username/password combination for multiple Webdam instances, it’s advisable create either unique usernames (may not be possible with SSO accounts) and/or passwords to avoid login errors and ensure you log in to the desired account.
- When you log in to the app for the first time, you’ll be presented with a short tutorial. You can skip it or swipe through the slides.
- Click the icon and select Assets. From here you can access:
- All - includes everything from your DAM.
- Lightboxes - list of lightboxes you have access to.
- Local - where assets you’ve made available offline are stored. It’s useful to store assets here if you anticipate not having internet/network access for your mobile device.
- To exit the main menu, tap on the right side of your screen.
You can choose to display Assets in thumbnail or list view.
- If in thumbnail view, click the list icon in the upper right corner.
- If in list view, click the thumbnail icon in the upper right corner.
- To sort folders or assets, click the sort arrows in the upper right corner to sort folders/assets by Name, Last modified or Size.
- Tap the next to the sort option to switch between an ascending or descending order.
Search in the Webdam mobile app searches across metadata, keywords and file names allowing you to quickly find what you’re looking for.
- To search for an asset, tap the icon and select Assets.
- Choose which assets you’d like to search by selection All, Lightboxes or Local.
- Tap on the search icon and enter the term you’d like to search for.
- As you type, the app will suggest relevant assets based on the current term in search bar.
- When you’re finished typing tap Done.
- Use the icon to sort search results. Select Name, Last modified or Size to modify your search results.
- To clear the search field, click X on the right side of the search bar. To exit the search results page, tap the back < icon on the left side of the search bar.
When you select an asset, you’ll be taken to the Asset Details page where you can perform the following actions:
Note: Some icons may be unavailable based on your permissions. If you have questions about available actions, please contact your admin.
- asset to lightbox
- save, share or export an asset
- reveals more options
- view version history
- view the approval status
- view metadata (metadata is unable to be added or edited in the app)
- view keywords (keywords are unable to be added or edited in the app)
- (upper right) add asset to a task or project (Workstream users only) or make the asset available offline
Hello I need an urgent call with your team, as am not getting the answer. please email me asap
Hello. I am experiencing issues while attempting to upload photos via the Webdam+ app. However, the desktop version is working just fin. Can you please help with this? Thanks!