Social publishing allows users with appropriate access to publish digital assets from Webdam to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. (Additional options are available with the Hootsuite integration.)
This article covers the following topics:
- Enable social publishing (admins)
- Publish an asset to a social channel
- View a report of social publishing activity (admins)
Enable social publishing (admins):
- Click in the top navigation and select System Preferences.
- In the Cloud Sharing Settings section, click the Social publishing channels windows and choose the channels you want to enable.
- Click Save.
Once the admin has enabled social publishing, contributors and regular users with download permission will be able to publish to social channels.
Publish an asset to a social channel:
- Log in to Webdam.
- Click the asset you want to publish. (Supported file types: JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP, MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI and WMV / Max size: 5 GB)
- From the Asset Details Page, click in the Actions Toolbar.
- Select the social channel you want to publish to.
- Add an account for the social channel by selecting Link New Account from the Select Account dropdown.
- You will be prompted to log in to the social channel. Follow the instructions to grant Webdam access to publish to your account.
- Once you've granted authorization, enter any text you want in the post.
- Click Send to post immediately. Click Change to schedule the post for later.
View a report of social publishing activity (admins only):
- Click Reports, then select Publish Schedule. From the report you can edit, cancel or view posts.
- To view a specific post on a social channel, click in the Action column and select View. To edit scheduled posts, click and select Edit.