How to Enable Brand Guidelines?
Contact your Customer Success Manager if Brand Guidelines are not enabled for your portal yet. We're happy to further assist you in setting this up.
Once Brand Guidelines are enabled for your portal you can start adding guidelines
Content Creation Permissions
By default, only portal administrators have access to the administrative section of Brand Guidelines. This means that they are the only ones who can create, manage and publish guidelines, sections as well as content.
If necessary, you can grant groups with the Contributor role type the rights to manage Brand Guidelines as well. Follow the steps below.
- Make sure you're in Webdam Core and click Brands.
- Hover over the Brand Portal for which you want to grant permissions and click edit.
- Click Settings in the top menu.
- Click the Who can manage brand guidelines field and select one or more groups you want to grant Manage Brand Guideline permissions to.
Do you not see any groups?
Only groups with the Contributor role can be selected. Make sure you have a group with the role type set up.
- Click Save to save the changes.
The users who are part of the user group(s) can now manage the Brand Guidelines in the Brand Portal as well as create and publish content.
By default, all logged in and non-logged in users who have access to a Brand Portal can view the published Brand Guidelines, including all sections and sub-sections. If necessary you can hide sections for specific groups, so that they can't see the content in those sections . Follow the steps below.
- Hover over the Brand Guideline book where you can find the section you want set up permissions for and click the button.
- Hover over the left sidebar and click the Manage Sections button.
- Hover over the section you want to set up permissions for and click the button.
- Select the Publish to specific groups option and click the field below this option and select the user groups that you want to grant access to the section and its content.
You can only choose from groups that are allowed to view the brand portal. This can be configured on the Settings page of the corresponding brand portal. Click here to read more.
- Click Save.
Only users who are logged in will now be able to see the content of this section. Additionally, any sub-sections will automatically inherit the permissions of their parent section.