Read below to learn how to change the look of your brand portal homepage, including adding and editing elements.
- Log in to Webdam and click Brands in the top navigation.
- Click the brand you want to configure.
- In the top navigation, click Appearance and select Homepage.
Now you’re ready to configure. The elements are on the left – here’s what they do:
- Carousel: Drag and drop the element to add image assets with titles and descriptions. When you add multiple assets, it acts as an image slider. (Check out some carousel image tips below.)
When users click images displayed in a carousel on your homepage, they can either be taken to the asset details page for the clicked image (default behavior) or to the folder where that image is located. To set the destination, select your desired Link images to option.
- Folder: Drag and drop the element to display a folder on the homepage. Note that a folder must contain at least one image in order for it to display on the homepage. The assets contained in this folder will be visible to ALL users that can view your Brand Connect portal, but only users with permissions can download them.
- Drag the to the homepage.
- Select the asset folder you’d like to add. Click Continue.
- On the Select Folder Cover Images page, choose up to four images to display on the cover. Click Insert.
- To reposition or zoom in/out on an image within the current frame, click . Click to save changes or to exit without saving changes.
Note: use the slider along the bottom edge of the image to zoom in or out.
- To move an image to a different frame, click and drag the image to the desired frame.
- To edit the display name of the folder, select the text displayed in the top of the image editor and enter the desired name. By default, the folder name is set as the display name.
- When you’ve completed all your adjustments, click Preview to preview your changes or Publish to push your changes live.
- Lightbox: Drag and drop the element to display one of your existing lightboxes on the homepage. The assets contained in this lightbox will be visible to ALL users that can view your Brand Connect portal, but only users with permissions can download them.
For Early Access customers, you can also choose the images that display on the cover of the lightbox.
- Drag the to the homepage.
- Select the lightbox you’d like to add. Click Continue.
- To select images and make adjustments, follow the instructions above in the Folder section.
- Brand Guidelines: Drag and drop the element to display your brand guidelines on the homepage.
- Description: Drag and drop the element to display text on the homepage.
- Filled Description: Drag and drop the element to display text on a copy block on the homepage.
- HTML: Drag and drop the element to insert HTML and CSS (for instance: embed a YouTube link) on the homepage.
- Search: You can also use the HTML element to add a search box on the homepage. After dragging the HTML element onto the homepage, copy and paste the following into the element: <webdambp.headersearch></webdambp.headersearch>
Click Preview in the top bar, then click Back to go back to the editing screen.
When you’re ready to publish, click Publish. When you’re finished, click Exit.
- Resize: Click the icon to change the size of the element.
- Move: Click and drag the icon to change the order of the element.
- Edit: Click the icon to add or replace the assets in image, folder or lightbox element.
- Delete: Click the icon to delete the element.
- For optimal display, make your carousel images 1,265x435 pixels.
- If you want to add text over an image, add images o the carousel with the subject or focal point a little left or right of center.
- The center of an image is the main focus, and resizing the carousel or viewing the homepage on a phone or tablet will crop the image around the center.
- You may need to edit your images to fit these requirements.