The Webdam Asset Chooser plug-in is the ultimate Drupal shortcut – it allows you to browse, select and insert images from your Webdam library without ever leaving your CMS library.
No new tabs. No waiting for downloads and uploads. No replicating assets in both your Drupal and Webdam libraries.
The Asset Chooser inserts a live link, meaning the asset is sourced directly from Webdam. So if you update the image in Webdam, it automatically updates in Drupal.
This plug-in is available for all Webdam customers.
Install Asset Chooser for Drupal:
- Download the plug-in.
- From the Drupal admin console, navigate to Modules and click Install New Module.
- Using the upload option, select the webdam.drupal.assetchooser.tar.gz file and click Install Now.
- Activate the plugin.
Note: If using Drupal 8 or newer, we are currently in development of the asset chooser. We will update the article once the full version is available.
Configure your account:
- From the Drupal admin console, navigate to Modules, locate Webdam in the list and click Configure.
- Enter in the full location for your Webdam account – for example, training.webdamdb.com.
- Click Save Configuration.
You may need to enable Webdam for your WYSIWYG profile for the Asset Chooser option to appear on the Drupal editing toolbar.
- From the Configuration page, click WYSIWYG Profiles in the Content Authoring section.
- Select Edit for the format you would like to enable Webdam for.
- Under the Buttons and Plugins section, place a check next to Webdam.
- Click Save.
Add assets from your Webdam library to a post:
- To insert an asset, click the Webdam icon.
- Log in using your Webdam credentials.
- Browse your assets and select the asset you would like to insert.
- Choose which size thumbnail you want to embed: 1,280px, 550px, 310px, 220px, 150px or 100px. (Default size is 550px.)
- Click Insert.
Note: The following asset types are not embeddable through the plugin: All video file types, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .indd., .swf, .ogg, .qxd, .qxp, .svg, .svgz, .otf, .sit, .sitx, .rar, .txt, .zip, .html, .htm.